• Decrease font size
  • Increase font size
  • Print Page
  • Print to PDF

Key statistics - NSW Carers Register

Summary

  • The number of authorised carers decreased slightly since June 2020.
  • 14% of Authorised Carers identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
  • 62% of Carers are Female and 38% are Male, 0.01% identifies as Gender X
  • 51% of Household members are over 18 years of age and require a Working with Children Check
  • DCJ manages 46% of the households in the Carers Register, NGO manage the other 54%

*Data is a snapshot at the end of the quarter indicated apart from cancelled, surrendered, refused or withdrawn data which covers this quarter compared to last year's corresponding quarter.

For more information on the Carers Register, please email us at carers-register@ocg.nsw.gov.au 

Carers Register this quarter

Statistics at 30 September 2021

18,406 authorised carers and 12,859 household members are currently on the Carers Register
Number of current authorised carers and household members
14% of Carers identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Carers - Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
62% of authorised carers are female, 38% male, 0.01% gender x
Carers - gender

6,255 carer households managed by an NGO, 5,593 managed by FACS
Households managed by NGOs or DCJ
51% of carer household members are over 18 and require a Working With Children Check
Adult household members

Carers and applicants

Carers and applicants - cancelled or withdrawn

Tables – applications

Current applications
Number of household applications 1,857
Number of carer applicants 2,839

 

Carer applications refused or withdrawn
Status July - Sept 2020 July - Sept 2021
Refused 87 77
Withdrawn – no concerns  468 406
Withdrawn with concerns  46 56