• Decrease font size
  • Increase font size
  • Print Page
  • Print to PDF

I'm an applicant

Before you do anything further, use the information on the Working with Children Check page to see if you require a Check.

Key points

You must keep your contact details up to date, then we can notify you when it is time to renew before the five-year expiry date.

You need to be in NSW to complete an application except if you are an authorised carer or their household member.

The Check involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct.

Use the information in this section if you need help with your application or have questions about the process. 

If you are from an Aboriginal or CALD community and would like to know more about the Working with Children Check application process, please contact (02) 8219 3777 for assistance.

Aboriginal applicants and the Working with Children Check

We have developed a policy statement on Aboriginal applicants and the Working with Children Check which outlines how we work to ensure that our processes and decisions are informed by evidence and research into the impacts of colonisation and dispossession and Aboriginal offending. Read the policy statement. (PDF 964.4KB)