• Decrease font size
  • Increase font size
  • Print Page
  • Print to PDF

Working with Children Check

Delays in processing some Working with Children Check applications - here's why

  • Use the information on these pages to see if you, your employees or volunteers need a Check.
  • Remember the Working with Children Check is different from a Police Check and is required for people who work with children in NSW.
  • The Check lasts for five years even if you move jobs.

Get the Service NSW app

I'm an applicant

  • Confirm you need a Check then Apply below.
  • You must keep your contact details up to date
  • Your Check lasts five years – renew before you’re due
  • Your Check can move job with you – just tell your new employer your number
  • Change from a Volunteer to a Paid Worker choose "Update my details" below
  • No refunds – be sure you need it before you apply.

Apply for your check, go to a Service NSW centre then wait for WWC notification

Apply for your check

Renew your WWC number

I'm an employer

  • All organisations that have people who work or volunteer in child-related services are called ‘employers’.
  • Verify workers’ and volunteers’ Working With Children Checks or Application numbers online - this creates a link between the worker/volunteer, employer and our continuous monitoring system.

Register Log in and verify

The result of a Working with Children Check is either a clearance to work with children for five years, or a bar against working with children. Cleared applicants are subject to ongoing monitoring and relevant new records may lead to the clearance being revoked.