Working with Children Check
Important update: Working with Children Checks due to expire between 19 July 2021 and 26 January 2022 have been extended for three months. People who are granted an extension will be advised by email and the system will be automatically updated. Latest information.
Delays in processing some Working with Children Check applications - here's why
- Use the information on these pages to see if you, your employees or volunteers need a Check.
- Remember the Working with Children Check is different from a Police Check and is required for people who work with children in NSW.
- The Check lasts for five years even if you move jobs.
Get the Service NSW app
I'm an applicant
- Confirm you need a Check then Apply below.
- You must keep your contact details up to date
- Your Check lasts five years – renew before you’re due
- Your Check can move job with you – just tell your new employer your number
- Change from a Volunteer to a Paid Worker choose "Update my details" below
- No refunds – be sure you need it before you apply.
Apply for your check
Renew your WWC number
I'm an employer
- All organisations that have people who work or volunteer in child-related services are called ‘employers’.
- Verify workers’ and volunteers’ Working With Children Checks or Application numbers online - this creates a link between the worker/volunteer, employer and our continuous monitoring system.
Register Log in and verify
The result of a Working with Children Check is either a clearance to work with children for five years, or a bar against working with children. Cleared applicants are subject to ongoing monitoring and relevant new records may lead to the clearance being revoked.