Working with Children Check
Delays in processing some Working with Children Check applications - here's why
- Use the information on these pages to see if you, your employees or volunteers need a Check.
- Remember the Working with Children Check is different from a Police Check and is required for people who work with children in NSW.
- The Check lasts for five years even if you move jobs.
Get the Service NSW app
I'm an applicant
- Confirm you need a Check then Apply below.
- You must keep your contact details up to date
- Your Check lasts five years – renew before you’re due
- Your Check can move job with you – just tell your new employer your number
- Change from a Volunteer to a Paid Worker choose "Update my details" below
- No refunds – be sure you need it before you apply.
Apply for your check
Renew your WWC number
I'm an employer
- All organisations that have people who work or volunteer in child-related services are called ‘employers’.
- Verify workers’ and volunteers’ Working With Children Checks or Application numbers online - this creates a link between the worker/volunteer, employer and our continuous monitoring system.
Register Log in and verify
The result of a Working with Children Check is either a clearance to work with children for five years, or a bar against working with children. Cleared applicants are subject to ongoing monitoring and relevant new records may lead to the clearance being revoked.